Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our Famous People Biographies!

As every year, today and tomorrow my students will be doing presentations on their book reports of famous people from history. This is great opportunity for them to practice their oral language development skills. It's not easy to have the courage to stand in front of a crowd and say what you need to say!! I tell them to take a deep breath and relax by thinking something funny, that its ok to make mistakes because nobody is perfect and just to try to do their best. That minimizes their anxiety and make them feel confident. We all sit quietly and listen respectfully while someone is presenting. I think that if children start doing this kind of presentations at a short age it helps them build strengths such us good communication skills, trust, confidence and character too, then when they grow up and have to do a presentation it would be a piece of cake for them to do it. I do this because I grew up being very shy and it was very difficult for me to talk in front of a crowd even as an adult. Lol. I think they all did a great job on their presentations, but we still have half more to go tomorrow. We had Abraham Lincoln, Anne Frank, Amelia Earnhardt, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Hellen Keller Pocahontas and to my dislike Barack Obama lol. Well Hugo did a great job on his presentation I just don't like Barack Obama lol. How rude Ms Torres!! Anyway it was a very fun day and can't wait to see our next presenters tomorrow. Here are some of the pictures we took. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment