Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Moving on

HOWDY!!  Well, my friends it has been a really long time since I don't write here. There are some new things in my life that I would like to share with you. 

First thing is that I moved to the BCS are. BSC stands for Bryan-College Station. 

AGGIELAND is the home of a great University, Texas A&M. I admit that I'm slowly becoming an Aggie myself with al the amazing spirit here. Although, as you know I have a daughter attending at Architecture School in UT in Austin. Please don't hate me for that! Lol. 

Since I moved here, oviously I'm not working for Garden Oaks Elementary anymore and I'm not doing the Montessori Method and philosophy, which honestly makes me a little sad, because I'm passionate about it. I'm going to miss it! 

I'm currently working for Bryan ISD at Henderson  Elementary. I'm excited to start working here. Everyone has been kind and supportive so far. Henderson is Dual Language neighborhood school. 

Actually, Henderson reminds me of Garden Oaks when I started working there years ago. It's a small school and a great community of teachers, children, parents, and administrators. 

It's my first year teaching in a traditional setting, although I'll be honest with you, I will incorporate and apply a lot of the Montessori materials here too. 

Anyway, I'm new to the city, the district, the school, the dual language program, and also the grade level. I'll be teaching 4th grade Two Way Dual Language, which it's kind of complicated and I'm not going to explain. At least not yet. 

With that said I just want add that is going to be a big challenge for me, being new to all of these things, but I feel empowered and confident that everything will flow and I'll have a great school year. 

I will keep you posted and I'll start writing more often and posting some pictures of my students working in class later on. 

Take care y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment